Sunday, February 24, 2008

Retirment

I overheard a co-worker talking about wanting to retire this year. She said she'd like to but isn't sure if she can afford it. She will have to check with a financial planner.

Since I wasn't part of the conversation I couldn't ask the following questions:

1. Do you already have an advisor or will you be hiring one now? If you are hiring one now, why did you wait so long?

2. Did you have any plan to retire or just decide? (for instance, I'd like to retire in 5 years)

3. What makes you think you CAN
'T retire now?

Just some things that went through my mind, after all she has 35+ years with the company!! I think after 20 years or so, of working a person would have some idea about the future. Personally I think about retiring practically every day!!

No comments: